Author: Sumona Chetia
The question “How to face your first job interview?’ often triggers stress and anxiety.
It’s a mixed feeling of excitement to plunge into the corporate world versus the overwhelming negative emotions. Are you a fresher looking for your first job? If yes, here are the top 5 job interview tips to help you handle pre-interview stress.
1) Be Well Researched
- The first and foremost step is to research about the organization. You must go through the company website and social media pages to keep abreast of the latest happenings. Also, do a brief research on the job role, its prerequisite skills and expectations. Read the job description thoroughly to identify key skills the recruiter is looking for and align them with what you possess.
2) Keep Documents in One Place
- There is no such thing as being too prepared when it comes to interview preparation for freshers. Hence, it is ideal for you to sort your academic documents, such as degrees, mark sheets, etc., both original and photocopies, in one place for a hassle-free experience. Keep 2-3 copies of your updated and error-free resumes.
3) Prepare well for Basic Interview Questions
- Prepare well for the basic questions such as, what can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work for this company? Why should we hire you? Given the fact that this is your first job, these questions will prove to be a test of your confidence.
4) Dress neatly and professionally
- Being equipped with answers is not everything when trying to make the first impression in an interview. Put thoughts into the attire for the day. Pairing ironed clothes with neat shoes will make you look presentable and interview-ready.
5) Keep an intro pitch ready
- Tell us about yourself – a simple yet challenging question if you don’t have your answer prepared. Give a brief, concise walkthrough of your career story that will show relevant pieces of experience. Considering you are a fresher, start with the fact that you just graduated, and explain why you chose this career path or field of study. It sets the tone for the rest of the interview.
How you carry yourself during the interview is a representation of how well-suited you are for the organization. We hope these interview tips for freshers will help you ace your interview rounds and move your job application to the next round.